"The kind of food our minds devour will determine the kind of person we become." - John Stott, Your Mind Matters

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Back On Track, Book #5

Amazing Grace, by Kathleen Norris
--progress: 138/384
A World Lost, by Wendell Berry
--progress: 99/151
 
Yikes! It's been almost three weeks since I've written. I've been thinking a lot, however, and I've tried writing but found my thoughts to be too full of blather to share. I suspect that our recent social engagements are perhaps less responsible than our recent spate of television watching. We don't have a TV, mind you, but itunes has been so kind to provide the latest episodes of LOST and a Christmas gift card to Best Buy has (over)fed our movie habit.

I've also been a bit overwhelmed by how many others' good thoughts are already out here in cyberspace. What can I contribute? I've been feasting at others' tables recently, and enjoying it. See my links (bottom right of the blog) for a few recent favourites - among them http://www.frontporchrepublic.com/.

Lastly, I've been a bit overwhelmed by my own thoughts - there is so much swirling around in there, it's hard to stay focused. This presents a good opportunity for me to learn to articulate and prioritize the many strands of consciousness floating about in my head. I've taken to commenting on a few blog articles here and there, just for practice. It's risky, though, to be disagreed with, or even attacked by total strangers. I tend to get a bit riled. I'm less concerned with strangers disagreeing with me than thinking I'm stupid and just blowing me off. I tend to like a good argument when it can be done in a friendly sort of way.

Anyway. Enough. I will begin writing again. Today, if possible. As hard as it is to even feel like writing sometimes (let alone to find time for it), it is so good once I start.

Lastly, you may have noticed that I have listed Book #5 - A World Lost, by Wendell Berry. I was in the mood for a novel, and I happened to have this one on my shelf, unread. So far, so good. Stay tuned.

Thanks for those of you who stop by to read my ramblings and share a few of yours. I appreciate it!

Becky

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite. If you would like to leave a comment without entering personal information online, you can choose the "Anonymous" option from the drop-down list. If you would like to be informed of follow-up comments on this post, click on the Subscribe By Email link to the bottom right (you must be logged into Google to do this). Thanks for commenting!