"The kind of food our minds devour will determine the kind of person we become." - John Stott, Your Mind Matters

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Back to Bookmeal

Hello again, faithful reader(s)! It's been a long time, but I have a good reason for going AWOL: I have been delivered! Our fourth child arrived just in time for the new year and we have been settling in quite well. We rejoice in this new little life, already so dear to us.



You might also have noticed that I didn't reach my goal of reading twenty books for Bookmeal in 2010. I don't feel like I've failed because I've gotten so much out of what I have been able to read and write (I hope you have too). I'll continue along this year, without being too specific on a timeline.

Even during my absence, I've noticed some new flags on my visitor list - welcome, and thanks for stopping by! Introduce yourselves sometime and get in on the conversation...

Share

7 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are back and look forward to your future posts! Congratulations on your new beautiful blessing! What a precious gift from God!
    ~light and love

    (You might have noticed I deleted my first comment- it had a typo! I am particular about those kinds of things!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I missed your posts, and realized when I saw there was a new one that I've been hungry for a book meal. Are you planning to continue with the same list you had before, or has giving birth changed the focus of what you hope to be reading over the coming year? In any event, I'm sure your reflections will be intellectually and spiritually stimulating as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement, friends! It feels good to be back, although I'm still unsure of just how I'm going to get to my computer with three little ones around during the day now!

    Rosie, I'm continuing for now with at least the two books on the sidebar (Books 6 and 8) - both address themes that are big ones in my life at the moment (gender equality and pilgrimage). I started a post on DBE today, but will have to finish it on Friday - when R and L are back at playschool again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Becky on the precious new miracle!
    Richest blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful reason to be away! Your baby is precious and you two look very happy, maybe a little tired...but isn't that to be expected?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tired, indeed - he was less than 12 hours old in this picture!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite. If you would like to leave a comment without entering personal information online, you can choose the "Anonymous" option from the drop-down list. If you would like to be informed of follow-up comments on this post, click on the Subscribe By Email link to the bottom right (you must be logged into Google to do this). Thanks for commenting!